|Epazote Orange Sherbet|
Aside from the flavor depth that shines through, it's the seed texture that drives. I love the micro-bursts and did my best to get as much into the base as possible.
|Epazote Seeds Sinking in Sherbet Base|
- (2) 6" lengths of epazote cut from the top of a full plant
- Basic sherbet recipe and ingredients (I'm pretty sure it'll work with just about any fruit. Here's AB's recipe.)
- Coarse mesh strainer, standard should work, so epazote seeds will pass through
- Pull the epazote apart over the blender pitcher into short strands and drop them in
- Pour the recipe required liquid juice over the epazote (If needed, add a portion of the milk.)
- Blend on high until the epazote is fully incorporated/tiny bits
- Strain the juice into a medium sized bowl
- Use the back of a spoon to stir and smash the remaining epazote seeds through the strainer
- Scrape the back of the strainer to get the stuck seeds into the juice
- Follow the recipe with the epazote mixture in place of the juice
If you'd like to see more sweet epazote ideas, read the Dulce de Epazote inception.
As always, stay inspired and keep the ideas bouncing.