Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Rhubarb Jam, Sweet Savory Sensation

Last year I made a killer rhubarb chive flower IPA jam. Every flavor element harmonized and I probably ate a pint throughout the cooking process. It danced on the sweet savory line and was amazingly versatile. I put it on everything...

Stuck on gin, I decided to swap out the IPA this year. I was blown away once again.

Rhubarb Chive Flower Gin Jam Started

Things to consider:
  • Use sugar sparingly so you can taste all the elements
  • Put it on and in everything sweet or savory
  • Serve it at any temperature
  • If you're making a big batch, separate portions out at different cook times
  • Mix uncooked elements of the jam back in at the point of use

I hope this inspires you to jam with rhubarb. Please share what you come up with so we can keep the ideas bouncing.

No comments:

Post a Comment