Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Vinegar Reduction Gone Right

I'm working on a vinegar chewing gum. The difficulty with using straight vinegar is that the flavor and acidity concentration is not enough to shine through the base. Inspired by @r8cheljane, I decided to go with a vinegar gel center. I felt that a simple reduction would be a good start.

Spoon Suspended by Reduced Vinegar
On the heat, it was where I wanted it. Cooled down, not so much.

Pulled Concord Vinegar
It was like taffy so I stretched and twisted it for fun.

Vinegar Gum with Vinegar Reduction Center
The reduction spreads well and worked wonderfully between two layers of ice wine vinegar chewing gum.

There's lots of potential here. I plan on trying a "spun sugar" vinaigrette. What are you thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment